We have just reviewed each and every pupil at Elmwood School and looked at the information shared by parents/carers, e-mail conversations with other professionals, the voice of the child and direct observations from our safe and well checks. Using this information we have updated our “key decision” regarding your child.
How I appreciate that this has been an extremely difficult time for you and your families, we still need to adhere to the Governments guidance regarding social distancing and remaining within your family home. Due to the additional measures imposed of a further period of 3 weeks the school has responded by:
· Providing additional Science work / projects situated on the school web page.
· Staff have marked any work completed and provided next steps.
· Launched the new Elmwood School Virtual Webpage – to support the daily challenges for you to complete and share www.virtualelmwoodschool.co.uk
· Increased additional safe and well visits for those who have found not seeing a familiar face.
· Continue to provide weekly vouchers of £15.00 for those who are eligible.
Therefore, based on this evidence we feel that it is best that your child remains at home and this will be reviewed weekly by Senior Leaders.
Keep safe and we look forward to seeing your all on our safe and well visits.
Lee Cross, Acting Headteacher and Tracy Brandwood, Chair of Governors