Compass+ Careers Benchmarking Assessment
These assessments identify the schools progress towards achieving the 8 Gatsby Benchmarks and a comparison towards school nationally. The assessment also enables Senior Leaders to work in collaboration with pupils, parents and employers to resolve some of the outstanding criteria. The assessment is completed every term in collaboration with the schools Enterprise Co-ordinator – Jo Rasmin.
Year 11 Destination / Retention Information
As part of our commitment to supporting pupils and their families into Post 16, we maintain our close working relationship with pupils; parents/carers and the named Post-16 provider on a termly basis until the age of 18. Look at the successes we have we our leavers, some of whom are part of the Elmwood Alumni.
What is Labour Market Information (LMI)?
LMI is information about the world of work. It includes information such as descriptions of jobs, the skills and qualifications needed for particular jobs and average salaries. LMI also looks at trends in the labour market in terms of which sectors and industries are in demand, which are in decline and which are expected to grow in future.
Information classed as LMI includes:
• Skills, career pathways and progression routes in the local labour market
• Qualifications, training and entry requirements
• Employment sectors, employers, jobs, salaries and employment trends
• Job demands and working life
• Financial planning
How to find LMI:
- Some useful websites include the National Careers Service where you can find out extensive LMI on thousands of jobs. The iCould website also provides job profiles in a more teen friendly, video format and includes the Buzz quiz, a matching quiz which we use in school to help students match their skills and interests to job sectors.
- Click on the images below to view up to date Labour Market Information for Birmingham and the Black Country and a Student and Parent Guide to Black Country LMI.
- Download and read Careers of the Future West Midlands to find out the 40 top jobs of the future.
Explore different occupations using Careerometer
Careerometer can be used to explore and compare key information about occupations, help you learn about different occupations and identify potential careers.
It provides access to a selection of UK headline data relating to pay, weekly hours of work and future employment prospects for different occupations, as well as description of the occupation.
Simply type in the title of the job you are interested in and the widget provides a series of options from which you can select the most relevant to you. You can then look up another two occupations and compare. You can also select ‘display the UK average’ and compare the information with the occupation you have selected. Click on the link below to find out more: