INSTRUMENT OF GOVERNMENT
Please click on the link to access this document. Instrument of Government
DFE GOVERNANCE HANDBOOK
To access this document, please click on link below.
New Competency Framework for Governance
The Department for Education has published a new Competency Framework for Governance in Schools (January 2017). The framework sets a national baseline standard for effective governance.
The framework is structured into 6 key sections which are:
- Strategic leadership that sets and champions vision, ethos and strategy.
- Accountability that drives up educational standards and financial performance.
- People with the right skills, experience, qualities and capacity.
- Structures that reinforce clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
- Compliance with statutory and contractual requirements.
- Evaluation to monitor and improve the quality and impact of governance.
Under each section there is a list of expected competencies for anybody who sits on a board, those with specific roles and also specific competencies for the Chair.
Further information can be obtained by clicking here.
ELMWOOD SCHOOL NEW GOVERNOR HANDBOOK
Outturn Statement for 2021-2022 budget – Outturn Statement
Walsall Council’s Financial and Contract Rules – Financial_Rules_June_2014 and Contract_Rules_June_2015
Scheme for Financing Schools Document – Walsall Scheme for Financing Schools – January 2021
Link to access the schools financial benchmarking service – https://schools-financial-benchmarking.service.gov.uk/?_ga=2.169079457.1893025593.1646741932-609596626.1615292816